Sunday, August 09, 2020

Gatherings

It has been a while since we gathered like this; the last I met Aunt Clarice and the ladies would probably be during Nizzeeeee's wedding (2 years ago). So it was a good time to catch up on how the ladies have been doing - one has since shifted to the North (a place she now calls home), one just lost her beloved mother recently (due to old age), and the rest still working at the same place.

As conversations flowed over a healthy pot-luck meal, I can't help but miss the presence of our spiritual father, who returned to our Lord 3 years ago. Since then, I have also lost my maternal grandmother (last year) and my biological father (this year). Losing your loved ones is never easy but I take respite in the knowledge that their return was a happy occasion as they ultimately get their well-deserved rest from toiling hard in attesting to the Oneness of Allah swt in this 'alam shahadah and waiting in 'alam barzakh for the ultimate moment - to be with our Lord. ❤

No comments: